Design 27 is a small technology design and acoustical engineering firm that focuses on designing communication systems for facilities. We are seeking to add an individual to our growing team. The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years industry experience. We are open to talking with more experienced individuals if you possess the appropriate qualifications. Our design efforts focus on the structured cabling infrastructure, audio/visual systems, wireless environments and security/access control systems. Our focus is purely on planning and design as we are not in the business of installation or support services.
Recent or soon to be graduates are encouraged to submit with the appropriate skills and education. This position will require project management capabilities with multiple projects and fast deadlines. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with designing and overseeing the implementation of various telecommunication systems. This includes Audio/Visual and advanced multimedia presentation systems.
The lifecycle of one of our projects includes conceptual planning through systems implementation and project signoff. The selected individual will work with our team and the clients to provide optimal solutions within the established budgets and space requirements. Additionally, we interface with various equipment manufacturers to ensure product capabilities for a specific use and understanding of compatibility with other components.
Typical position duties include:
– Work in a collaborative environment with a small team.
– Able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
– Knowledgeable of AutoCAD and Revit (or similar 3D modeling software) is a requirement.
– Creating project specifications specific to the technology systems.
– Providing project management skills to facilitate deadlines and deliverables.
– Preparing cost model budgets for specific project needs.
– Attend client meetings.
– Conduct project site visits to observe contractor installation work of our design.
– Lead projects from initial conceptual planning through final construction/implementation.
The successful candidate will have a degree in an applicable field such as electrical engineering, computer networking, construction management, design technology, etc. Our work is very focused on details and delivering excellent documents in the form of drawings and specifications. So clearly good communication and documentation skills is a must.
– Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
– Ability to work efficiently with tight schedules and meet expectations of deadlines.
– Excellent communication skills and attention to details with documentation.
If you are interested in building a career with a growing firm that offers a flexible and enjoyable environment in a fast paced industry than send us a cover letter and resume. Our office is located in the Broad Ripple area in a renovated 1920’s Bungalow. Our front door is one block from the Monon Trail with an abundance of restaurants and shopping around that creates an excellent community working location!
If you feel you have the qualifications and motivation to be a key contributor to our success we are interested in hearing from you. We would like to bring someone on board as soon as possible.Salary dependent upon experience and other attributes. We offer an excellent benefit package and expense reimbursements. Additionally, we provide ongoing training opportunities that impact overall performance, industry knowledge and future career growth.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.