Design 27 is a regional independent consulting firm based in Indianapolis, IN that provides consulting services focused on the planning and design of the structured cabling infrastructure, audio/visual systems, IT/telecommunications and security within the built environment. Additionally, we offer acoustical services focused on architectural acoustics, sound isolation and acoustical modeling. Our work focuses on creating engaged facilities and innovative spaces as part of the overall design team.
We are seeking to add a Technology Designer to our growing team of talented designers and consultants. In this role, the Technology Designer focuses on the structured cabling systems and other information technology requirements for a facility. The ideal candidate will provide a range of consulting and design skills related to telecommunications and information technologies along with experience leading several project engagements from start to finish. Design 27 thrives on excellent documentation and ability to manage multiple projects with tight schedules for delivering our set of drawings and specifications.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Three to five years consulting experience in the design and implementation of telecommunications systems focused on facilities.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and the various technologies/hardware for facilities.
- Must be able to work within a small team and independently.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment with multiple projects.
Not Required but a Valuable Plus
- BICSI Certification as a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD).
- Industry certifications in the area of audio/visual, security or networking.
- A degree in an applicable field such as information technology, electrical engineering or design technology.
- Collaborate with the design team for a project including the architectural team and various trades to ensure the systems are coordinated and reflective of the owner requirements.
- Provide thought leading solutions and perspectives of technology that impact a building and the end user experience with technology.
- Create budgetary models reflective of the telecommunication systems for owner review and consideration.
- Develop solid drawings and specifications that reflect the design intent and owner requirements.
- Design solutions focused on the building requirements. This includes but is not limited to cabling infrastructure, pathways and conduits, entrance facilities, telecommunication rooms, structured cabling solutions to support data, voice, video and security applications.
- Conduct submittals reviews and shop drawings to ensure a complete understanding by the contractor.
- Routine site visits for inspection of completed work is required to ensure the appropriate design and standards are being followed in the field during construction.
- Research of emerging technologies with various manufacturers products to understand the impact and use on projects.
- Salary $55,000 + dependent upon experience
- Liberal personal time and vacation policy.
- Retirement plan with company match.
- Full insurance package available.
- Tuition Reimbursement for approved coursework.
- Training as desired and/or requested focused on specific areas of interest pertaining to our design requirements.
If you feel you have the qualifications and motivation to be a key contributor to our success we are interested in hearing from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.